Osteopathy with Leanne | Harry | Lindsey
Osteopathy. It’s not just about backs and bones
Many of you may not have come across an osteopath or know what an osteopath is or does. We aren’t available on the NHS in Scotland yet and there are only 161 of us registered here. We are fully registered with the General Osteopathic Council.
So what is Osteopathy?
Simply, we treat any muscle or joint pain through manual therapy. Manual therapy includes massage, manipulations, mobilisations (getting tissues/joints/muscles moving) and sometimes acupuncture. Each patient is treated based on their individual needs and how well they respond to a particular treatment. For example, if two patients each had the same knee injury, one may respond to acupuncture whereas the other may benefit more from deep massage. We want to make you feel better and give you the tools to fix yourself.
The beneficial effects of osteopathy are far-reaching and treatable conditions include, but are not limited to:
- Back & Neck Pain; Tension, Disc Problems
- Postural Issues
- Headache Arising from the Neck
- Sports Injuries; Strained Muscles & Sprained Ligaments, Tendinopathy
- Shoulder & Arm Pain
- Digestive Problems e.g. IBS
- Trapped Nerves e.g. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Pregnancy Related Pain, e.g. Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction
- Pelvis, Hip & Leg Pain; Sciatica
- Medical Acupuncture
- Arthritic Pain
- Repetitive Strains e.g. Tennis Elbow, Plantar Fascilitis
We request that you give us 24 hours notice when cancelling an appointment, so that the appointment time can be allocated to someone else, otherwise a £20 cancellation fee may be charged. It is our policy to give you a courtesy call in the case of missed appointments to establish whether you would like to reschedule the appointment.